The Vine Christian School helps parents in developing a desire in the students to know Christ, to be changed more into His likeness and to start to discover their individual calling in God’s world.
Our primary mission is to allow the children to learn in an environment that agrees with the home. An environment where Jesus is honoured and the children can grow in a loving and positive atmosphere, where they are encouraged to develop a Christlike character springing from a heart surrendered to Jesus.
The Vine Christian School has the following foundation on which the values and
goals of the school are built:
- God is Creator and Ruler of the universe. There was no-one before Him, and all of creation comes from Him. He is altogether good. He is perfect in wisdom, knowledge, holiness and power.
- God has revealed Himself to us through the Trinity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and we are made in His image.
- To be prepared properly for life, children need to have wisdom, understanding and knowledge. These are all to be found in God and therefore God has to be the focus. To fear – respect and honour – God is the beginning of wisdom. Understanding comes from perceiving what God is doing. Knowledge comes from knowing Who God is, who man is and the Word of God.
- Good character, a sense of responsibility, honesty and integrity are all goals of a good education. It is impossible to simply inform the mind without training the character.
- Academic achievement is commendable for all within the limits of ability and potential, as is the development of practical and other general skills. We aim to produce students with the self-control to order their own lives, the initiative and skills to develop their abilities and talents, and the unselfishness to work for the good of others, as unto the Lord.